IS TIME RIPE FOR MAJORITY OF AFRICAN COUNTRIES TO HAVE COMPETENCY IN FIRE DESIGN, INSTALLATION & SUPPRESSION SYSTEMS?
Lack of skilled fire alarm technicians, very few young people entering the industry, companies left right and centre struggling to hire and keep hold of more experienced technicians, and other companies just jostling for that one extra cherry on the top of the cake that might tip the balance in their favour and pull in extra customers.
Our Technical Training Workshop is designed to give your technicians and system designers an in-depth overview of how to design, layout, install, program and service the subject line of products.
REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN OUR SECURITY INSTALLATION COURSES AS A TRAINEE:
1. You don’t need any specific qualifications to start as a trainee, although employers may expect you to have KCSE (A-D-), or similar qualifications, in English, Math and at least one
2. Full Fee payment before joining any scheduled program/ course
3. Ability to attend and participate actively in all our tuition and practical sessions. Science subject, or a technical subject. Previous experience in electrical or electronics work could be helpful when looking for work.
Security and fire alarm systems are often the first line of defense against property crime, potential fatalities, severe injuries, and crushing expenses. Those who install these systems must know and abide by their jurisdiction’s training, education, and certification requirements.
Fire protection systems include fire alarms, automatic fire detection, and fire suppression systems. The system is thus a threefold knowledge base that goes beyond mere fire safety measures courses that are most likely going to be delivered by non-technical people to non-technical organization stuff.
Kenvision Techniks’ Fire Alarm Installation course is aimed at individuals who want to pursue a career in the fire alarm industry as a fire alarm engineer, designer, fire alarm sales person and other fire alarm related occupations.
During our Fire Alarm Installation course, you will learn a range of industrial fire alarm panels and associated components. You will learn how the devices fit into the system, how they function and the way in which they should be configured, connected and tested.
On-going assessments ensure that you are able to meet the objectives of the course.
At the successful completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Demonstrate the basic key concepts and all the components used in fire alarm systems.
- Install, test and maintain conventional and addressable fire alarm systems.
- Recognize the role of fire alarm outputs, automatic and manual fire detectors.
- Describe the differences between fire alarm categories and grades.
- Explain the role of a fire alarm installer.
- Effectively work with other stakeholders in fire alarm installation.
Who’s it for?
- needs knowledge of fire detection and alarm systems
- installs and tests hard wired systems
- services/maintains fire alarm systems
Other experience/training needed to take the course