This course has been specifically designed for people with little or no experience who are looking to gain practical experience of installing intruder alarm systems. The course is suitable for anyone wishing to provide a dedicated service, electricians looking to expand on their current service provision or simply individuals who want to learn how to install their own security system. The aim of the “hands-on” practical course is to provide a full understanding of security alarm installation and associated terminology, as well as good practices of installing and servicing intruder alarm systems. The course covers everything from the different system types available, through the design process, installation, testing, commissioning and fault finding your system.
Intruder Alarm System Installation Skills
s will include:
- Correct use of meters to obtain readings
- Correct identification
of resistors by using colour codes
- Running, stripping and connecting cables
- Installing Series Alarm Systems with sounders and multiple detectors
- Installing End of Line Alarm Systems with sounders and multiple detectors
- Installing Fully Supervised Loop Alarm Systems with sounders and multiple detectors
- Connecting and using detectors
- Programming alarm control units
- Completing documentation
- Testing and fault finding alarm systems
Who is this course for?
This alarm installation course is most suitable for those who have strong desire to pursue a career in alarm installation. Having basic knowledge in using common power tools for handling DIY projects would be an advantage. But this course is open for anyone, The alarm installation course is designed to give you the ability and skills to design and install a domestic and commercial burglar alarm system.