What you will learn
- You’ll learn about cabling, network protocols (including a close-up look at TCP/IP), network devices like hubs, switches, routers, firewalls, repeaters, gateways, and more.
- You’ll actually administer a Windows Server 2012 server.
- We’ll show you how to set up peer-to-peer networking using a Homegroup and server-based networking and you’ll learn how to choose the right networking model for your situation.
- You’ll see the critical success factors in setting up a wireless network, including the often-overlooked security features.
- You’ll learn how to create a secure network and avoid common network security mistakes.
Who should attend this course?
This is the perfect computer training and network training class for:
- New network administrators,
- Small business owners,
- Home net workers, or
- Anyone who needs to get hands-on experience in computer networking.
This hands-on networking fundamentals training workshop will get you up to speed in a hurry with practical tools and techniques you can put to use right away to make your network run faster and more securely with fewer problems.