Automotive Security Systems & Components Installation
Automotive security systems & Components Installation Skills
Fee: 200 USD or KES 20K
Venue: Kenvision Techniks Talent Centre, Q7-9, Feliz Stalls
Kahawa Sukari, Off Thika Rd, Nairobi.
Date: 14th - 18th Oct, 2019: Time: 9.00 AM - 4:30 PM daily
While modern cars already have their own built-in car alarm system fully-installed, many car owners prefer to have an installed system that is responsive to their needs and environment. It is in these times and circumstances that they need technically sound workmanship from qualified installers. ...
This unit describes the performance outcomes required to install and test automotive security systems and components in vehicles or machinery. It involves preparing for the task, installing and testing system and component operation, and completing workplace processes and documentation. The security systems and components will not require programming following installation as they do not communicate with the vehicle or machinery controller area network databus (CAN-bus or LIN-bus) topography.
It applies to those working in the automotive service and repair industry. The electrical security systems and components include those being installed in agricultural machinery, heavy commercial vehicles, light vehicles, vessels, mobile plant machinery, motorcycles or outdoor power equipment.
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
- Prepare to install security system and components
1.1 Job requirements are determined according to workplace instructions
1.2 Manufacturer specifications and installation fitting instructions are accessed and interpreted
1.3 Installation options are analyzed and those most appropriate to the circumstances are selected
1.4 Hazards associated with the work are identified and risks are managed
1.5 Tools and equipment are selected and checked for serviceability
- Install and test security system and components
2.1 Security system and components are checked for correct application and damage
2.2 Security system is installed according to manufacturer specifications, workplace procedures and safety requirements , and without causing damage to components or systems
2.3 Installed system and components are tested for correct operation according to workplace procedures and manufacturer specifications
2.4 Post-installation testing of other electrical systems is carried out according to workplace procedures to confirm correct operation, and any problems detected as having been introduced during the installation process are rectified
- Complete work processes
3.1 Final inspection is made to ensure work is to workplace expectations and vehicle, vessel or machinery is presented ready for use
3.2 Work area is cleaned, waste and non-recyclable materials are disposed of, and recyclable material is collected
3.3 Tools and equipment are checked and stored and any faulty electrical equipment is identified, tagged and isolated according to workplace procedures
3.4 Workplace documentation is processed according to workplace procedures
On completion of the training, participants are expected to;
- Install and configure GPS trackers on vehicles (assets).
- Track vehicles (assets) on a real-time/online tracking platform.
- Perform basic trip management operations such as; setting Points of Interests (POIs), generating trip reports, creating geo-fences, setting automated reports (to be issued when certain rules are violated), among others.
- Automate vehicle maintenance scheduling operations based on mileage covered.
- Demonstrate good understanding of the standard implementation of GPS/GLONASS and RFID technologies in Cargo/Asset Tracking and Fleet Management Operations.
Mode of delivery
Under this category, lessons will be administered in three (3) Modes;
- Mode 1: A 2-day class room training on satellite based Vehicle Tracking and Fleet Management Systems.
- Mode 2: Practical training on installation of vehicular tracking systems. Participants will be assigned to experienced installers (engineers) who will put them through the installation processes; to a level we can attest to their competences.
- Mode 3: Hands-on training on real-time tracking, administered over the internet.
|Event Date||14-10--2019 9:00 am|
|Event End Date||18-10--2019 4:30 pm|
|Registration Start Date||07-10--2019 12:00 pm|
|Cut off date||13-10--2019 6:00 pm|
|Individual Price||TWENTY THOUSAND ONLY|
|Location||Kenvision Techniks Talent Centre|