- Jan 24 2022 - Feb 04 2022
TimeThere is a 1hr lunch break break
- 09:00 - 16:30
Automotive Key Programming & Security Components Installation Skills
This comprehensive automotive course is the ultimate key vehicle programming training. The 10-day course offers everything from basic to the advanced key programming equipment, together with actual vehicle scenarios to hone your skills and build your confidence in your abilities.
The course is suitable for those with little or no experience in the auto locksmith trade and offers a greater level of in depth training in both the mechanical and electronic parts of the market, culminating in gaining entry, making a key and programming a range of practice vehicles.
As a trainee, you will learn the workings of the lock and therefore how to open them when no keys are available. They will be taught how to cut and decode keys, learn how to use diagnostics & transponder programming and cloning machines, as well as how to carry out EEPROM programming.
I would like to register for this course:
The course is 60% practical to ensure you know how to put the theory into practice. Upon completion of the course you will have the ability to start practicing as a knowledgeable Auto locksmith and have an in-depth ability to work on the vehicles trained on. You will also receive a detailed instruction manual and training certificate.
The following skills will be covered in this program
- Strip and understand the characteristics and rebuild a range of vehicle locks
- Recognize lock faults, repair and service effectively
- Effective entry of vehicles without causing damage
- Key cutting, both duplication and to code
- How to find key code locations and vehicle information
- An overview of immobilizer systems, transponders and diagnostics
- Demonstration and practical experience on modern vehicles
- Essential business planning including what to ask when the phone rings
- Relevant paperwork requirements including pricing structures and invoicing
- Key & remote programming skills using the AD100Pro
- Specialist programming software such as True code & Cryptoworks
- Pin code reading procedures, methods and options
- Understanding transponders, fixed, Crypto and Precoded
- Key cloning procedures, methods benefits and usages
- EEPROM and microprocessor programming
- Learning de-soldering & soldering techniques
- Completion of various vehicle scenarios
Locking systems for most vehicles will be covered in great detail and other systems within the given time frame.
Within the training course you will have in depth training on the very latest state of the art equipment available to the modern Auto Electronics, including key programming, key cloning and EEPROM and processor reading.
AUTOMOTIVE SECURITY SYSTEMS & COMPONENTS INSTALLATION
This unit describes the performance outcomes required to install and test automotive security systems and components in vehicles or machinery. It involves preparing for the task, installing and testing system and component operation, and completing workplace processes and documentation. The security systems and components will not require programming following installation as they do not communicate with the vehicle or machinery controller area network databus (CAN-bus or LIN-bus) topography.
It applies to those working in the automotive service and repair industry. The electrical security systems and components include those being installed in agricultural machinery, heavy commercial vehicles, light vehicles, vessels, mobile plant
machinery, motorcycles or outdoor power equipment.
Who Should Attend?
This course is ideal for candidates that can be away from the business for a 2 week period or candidates that are looking for a career change. Again the course is ideal for locksmiths not involved in the auto market, motor trade operations that want to offer automotive keys and lock services and people looking for a career change into a niche market with a high level of technical content and good rewards. It is very popular with military personnel looking for a civilian life business opportunity.An ideal training course for someone wanting to start out in this trade with an exception level of training giving you the best start possible.
Locking systems fitted to Ford, Toyota, Rover, Peugeot, Mercedes and VAG vehicles will be covered in great detail and other systems within the given time frame.Within the training course you will have in depth training on the very latest state of the art equipment available to the modern Auto Locksmith, including key programming, cloning and EEPROMing equipment.