WELCOME TO OUR
- This event has passed.
Generator Repair & Emergency Power maintenance training
January 25 @ 09:00 - February 5 @ 16:30 EATUSD650
Generator Repair & Emergency Power Maintenance
Knowledge to keep your facility running smoothly in all situations because regardless of the cause, lack of electricity at your facility can have disastrous consequences. During this practical workshop, you will learn what you can do, and should do, to make sure your facility will keep running even if the electricity to your facility doesn’t.
To provide a highly interactive practical learning of the operations and maintenance of a diesel generator.
This course is intended to provide in-depth skills operations and maintenance of a diesel generator. It covers:
- Introduction to the operations and maintenance of a diesel engine,
- all aspects of a modern diesel engine and associated systems.
- Electrical systems associated with a diesel engine
- generator operations, generator components, excitation systems and voltage regulation.
Who Should Attend
This is an excellent course for:
- all employees and electrical freelancers involved in the operations and maintenance of diesel generators.
- those involved in the use of diesels as emergency generators which would
Power Backup Generator Servicemaninclude most power stations, oil platforms and petrochemical plants.
All Attendees should have a sound power generation background.
The goal of this course is to equip the learner with theoretical and practical skills that will be required when working with diesel generators. It is hoped that most institutions that use emergency generators will benefit more.
Generators and Prime Movers
1: introduces the basics of generators and prime movers including different types, electrical fundamentals, and typical systems.
2 Protection and Transfer of Electrical Power
3 Generator and Engine Controls
4 Auxiliary Systems I
5 Auxiliary Systems II
6 Generator Applications
7 Troubleshooting and Maintenance of Onsite Power Generation Systems
8 Generator Placement Site Surveys
9 AC Output and Control (Generator)
10 DC Output and Control (Diesel Engine)